National School Breakfast Programme
Our school has signed up to receive free healthy breakfast food under the National School Breakfast Programme (NSBP), which is being delivered by the charities Family Action and Magic Breakfast. The aim of the Programme is to ensure no child starts the school day too hungry to learn.
As part of this government funded programme, we will give each child a breakfast bundle every 2 weeks to ensure that all children have a healthy breakfast every day.
Research has shown that children who have a healthy breakfast achieve more at school
The benefits of a healthy breakfast include:
- helps our bodies to wake up in the morning
- children being settled and ready to learn at the start of the day
- gives energy to our bodies and brains
- stops us feeling hungry before lunch
- helps us to think better and faster
- can help us stay a healthy weight
- stops us feeling tired and grumpy