What is the Faith Group?
Our Faith Group is a democratically elected group of children from Year 2 – Year 6. The purpose of the Faith Group is to represent their peers in issues connected to Collective Worship, Church Services, Prayer and the Religious Education Curriculum. As well as being Leaders in Worship and Prayer.
Our Faith Group benefits the whole school as it gives opportunities for the members to communicate their feelings and opinions and enables the children to take a lead in their community.
Ways that the Faith Group have impacted School life include:
- Planning and Leading Collective Worship once a term
- Planning and Leading Church Services once a term
- Planning the Prayer Room for Prayer Week and being responsible for its up keep and use throughout the week.
- Assessing Collective Worship
- Writing a leaflet about the School Core Values and providing ideas for Homework based on the Core Values
Aims of the Faith Group
The aims of the Faith Group are:
- To promote your views through discussion about the issues raised
- To help the people who make decisions in the school understand and respect your point of view
- To enable you to have experience in being a Leader within your School Community education
- To promote the school’s reputation and to maintain the school ethos
- To participate in planning and leading Collective worship and Church Services which reflect the faith of the School
The structure of the Faith Group
Each year group from Year 2 to Year 6 has one Faith Group Representative. The Faith Group meets regularly with the Collective Worship Coordinator.